O'Neil Hall was named for the O'Neil family. William O'Neil, class of 1907, and his family were generous benefactors of Holy Cross. The cornerstone was laid on August 18, 1950. The box includes the August 1950 issue of the Alumnus, the April 1950 version of the Purple, an aerial view of the campus and a list of donors to the Malumphy museum, a museum named after Dr. Thomas Malumphy, professor of Biology that was to hold biological specimins. O'Neil was dedicated on October 11, 1951.
“O'Neil Hall,” Mapping Holy Cross, accessed March 30, 2023, http://hcdigitalscholarship.com/MappingHolyCross/items/show/14.