Haberlin Hall was named in memory of Rev. Richard J. Haberlin, class of 1906. He was President of the General Alumni Association from 1957-1959. A contest to name the new building was held on campus and Haberlin's name was selected as he was a life long benefactor to the college.
One of the more interesting names suggested fo the new science building was Queen of Science as outer space is dedicated to the guidance of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Haberlin was dedicated on December 8, 1959.
“Haberlin Hall,” Mapping Holy Cross, accessed March 3, 2021, http://hcdigitalscholarship.com/MappingHolyCross/items/show/17.