Beaven Hall was named for Bishop Thomas David Beaven, class of 1870. He was the Bishop of Springfield, Massachusetts from 1892-1920.The cornerstone was laid by Beaven on September 4, 1912.
Beaven Hall was designed to house 140 seniors with their Jesuit prefects. The ground floor of Beaven Hall also contained a large lecture hall, geological museum, senior class library, and the biology laboratory.
Beaven now serves as the home of the Sociology, Anthropology and Psychology departments.