Wheeler Hall was named in honor of Rev. John. D. Wheeler, S.J. (1877-1935) who served as Dean of Discipline from 1917 to 1935. He was also instrumental reorganizing the Holy Cross Athletics Program. Wheeler Hall opened on January 2, 1940. Wheeler Hall is the only underclassmen dorm not located on Easy Street. The patio and grassy area behind Wheeler Hall is called "Wheeler Beech."
“Wheeler Hall,” Mapping Holy Cross, accessed January 26, 2022, http://hcdigitalscholarship.com/MappingHolyCross/items/show/12.