Ciampi Hall is the Jesuit residence. It opened on March 25, 1991, which was also the 500th anniversary of the birth of St. Ignatius Loyola, founder of the Jesuits. It is named for Anthony F. Ciampi who served as president of the College of the Holy Cross three separate terms (1851-1854, 1857-1861, and 1869-1873). Like many of its buildings named for Jesuits, Holy Cross honors Ciampi's memory with this hall because he kept Holy Cross open after a destructive fire in 1852 threatened to close the college.
“Ciampi Hall,” Mapping Holy Cross, accessed June 6, 2023, http://hcdigitalscholarship.com/MappingHolyCross/items/show/27.